The following video will walk you through installing and activating LifterLMS:
Please take a moment to review the minimum system requirements before installation or you may encounter issues when using LifterLMS. If you need a new host or don’t have one yet, you can see our recommended hosts here.
With LifterLMS activated, several items are added to your site for it to function properly:
- New menu items, custom post types, and taxonomies for courses, memberships, and more.
- New widgets and shortcodes.
- User roles for instructors, instructors’ assistants, and LMS managers.
You can get the free LifterLMS plugin here by clicking on the orange button and entering your name and email address. We’ll send you an email with the link to download the plugin.
You can install LifterLMS with the following steps:
- Download the .zip file of the WordPress plugin to your computer
- Navigate to your WordPress Admin Panel
- Go to Plugins > Add New
- Click the Upload Plugin button and then Choose File
- Locate the .zip file of the WordPress plugin you want to install and click Install Now
- Click Activate Plugin on the next screen, and you’re ready for the LifterLMS Setup Wizard!
When LifterLMS is activated for the first time, the steps in the Setup Wizard help you configure your settings.
If you need to return to the Setup Wizard and rerun it, you can follow the steps here.