1. TRADEMARK OWNERSHIP AND GOALS
codeBOX, LLC owns and oversees the trademarks for the LifterLMS names and logos. We have developed this trademark usage policy with the following goals in mind:
- We’d like to make it easy for anyone to use the LifterLMS name or logo for community-oriented efforts that help spread and improve LifterLMS.
- We’d like to make it clear how LifterLMS-related businesses and projects can (and cannot) use the LifterLMS name and logo.
- We’d like to make it hard for anyone to use the LifterLMS name and logo to unfairly profit from, trick or confuse people who are looking for official LifterLMS resources.
2. TRADEMARK USAGE POLICY
Permission from LifterLMS is required to use the LifterLMS name or logo as part of any project, product, service, domain name, or company name.
We will grant permission to use the LifterLMS name and logo for projects that meet the following criteria:
- The primary purpose of your project is to promote the spread and improvement of the LifterLMS software.
- Your project neither promotes nor is associated with entities that currently fail to comply with the GPL license under which WordPress is distributed.
If your project meets these criteria, you will be permitted to use the LifterLMS name and logo to promote your project in any way you see fit with one exception: Do not use LifterLMS as part of a domain name.
Use of the LifterLMS name and logo is additionally allowed in the following situations:
- You are using a graphic provided by LifterLMS to promote the event or the fact that you are attending, speaking, volunteering, or sponsoring the event.
All other LifterLMS-related businesses or projects can use the LifterLMS name and logo to refer to and explain their services, but they cannot use them as part of a product, project, service, domain name, or company name and they cannot use them in any way that suggests an affiliation with or endorsement by LifterLMS.
For example, a consulting company can describe its business as “123 Web Services, offering LifterLMS consulting for small businesses,” but cannot call its business “The LifterLMS Consulting Company.” Similarly, a business related to LifterLMS plugins or themes can describe itself as “XYZ Themes and Plugins, the world’s best LifterLMS themes and plugins,” but cannot call itself “The LifterLMS Theme and Plugin Portal.”
Similarly, it’s acceptable to use the LifterLMS logo as part of a page that describes your products or services, but it is not acceptable to use it as part of your company or product logo or branding itself. Under no circumstances is it permitted to use LifterLMS as part of a domain name or top-level domain name.
We do not allow the use of the trademark in advertising, including AdSense/AdWords.
Please note that it is not the goal of this policy to limit commercial activity around LifterLMS. We encourage LifterLMS-based businesses, and many of them are thriving while in compliance with this policy (Check out the LifterLMS Experts program for a few examples).
The name “Lifter” is not covered by the LifterLMS trademarks and you are free to use it in any way you see fit.
When in doubt about your use of the LifterLMS name or logo, please contact LifterLMS here for clarification.