Since LifterLMS 3.3.0, courses can be imported into LifterLMS.
At this time, only import files generated by the LifterLMS Single and Bulk Exporter can be automatically imported into LifterLMS.
When importing courses the following will occur:
- A new draft course will be created for each course contained within the export file
- All valid course settings found in the import will be applied to the draft course
- Access plans will be attached to the draft course
- New sections will be created and attached to the course
- New Lessons will be created attached to the new sections
- All valid lesson settings will be applied to the lessons
- New quizzes will be created and attached to the lessons
- All valid quiz settings will be applied to the quizzes
- New questions will be created and attached to the quizzes
- For each type of content, an author will be looked up by email address and will be attributed authorship if found, otherwise a new author will be created. If no author information is supplied, authorship will be attributed to the user who runs the import
- Prerequisite courses and lessons will be intelligently updated with the newly created courses and lessons if the prerequisite is included within the import file. If the prerequisite referenced by a lesson or course is not found within the import, the prerequisite data will be removed from the newly created course or lesson.
To import a LifterLMS Import File:
- On your WordPress Admin Panel navigate to LifterLMS -> Import
- Click the “Choose File” button and locate the import file you’d like to upload
- Click the blue “Import” button
Note: Currently only import files generated by the LifterLMS Exporter(s) can be imported into LifterLMS.
Currently only import files generated by the LifterLMS Exporter(s) can be imported into LifterLMS.
We plan to create importers from other platforms which will be released as free add-ons to LifterLMS.
Until these add-ons exist if you wish to import from another platform (or create your own custom import file) you will have to manually create an import file which looks like the export files created by the LifterLMS exporter.
Click here to download a sample LifterLMS Export file.