Welcome to your monthly LifterLMS News You Can Use, October edition: #009.
Read About Recent Technical Product Updates (We’ve been busy)!
- Fixed a security vulnerability disclosed by the WordPress plugin review team. Please upgrade immediately!
- Explicitly setting css and js file versions for various static assets.
- Added data sanitization methods in various form handlers.
- Added nonce verification to various form handlers.
- Fixed some translation strings that had literal variables instead of placeholders.
- Fixed undefined index error encountered when attempting to email a voucher export.
- Fixed undefined index error when PHP file upload errors are encountered during a course import.
- Fixed instances of improper input sanitization and handling.
- Include scripts, styles, and images for reporting charts and datepickers
- User Interaction event and session Tracking
- Added user interaction tracking for the following events:
- User sign in and out.
- Page load and exit (for LMS content)
- Page focus and blur (for LMS content)
- Interaction events are grouped into sessions automatically. A session is “closed” after 30 minutes of inactivity or a log-out event.
- Added “Last Seen” student reporting column which reports the last recorded activity for the student.
- Automatically hydrate when calling LLMSAbstractDatabaseStore::toarray().
- Added CSS to make course and lesson video embeds automatically responsive.
- Correctly pass the $remember variable when using llms_set_person_auth_cookie().
- Fixed undefined index error when retrieving an unset value from an unsaved database model.
- Fix issue causing quotes to be encoded in shortcodes used in course and membership restriction message settings fields.
- Fix issue preventing manual updates of order dates (next payment, trial expiration, and access expiration) from being saved properly.
LifterLMS Advanced Videos Version 1.0.0-beta.2
- Add Wistia Support.
- Optimized embed output checking.
- Automatically add autoplay permissions on iframes for supported providers.
- Settings return their proper (opposite) values when modifying an embed URL.
- Resolved an issue with Divi (and possibly other themes) that have custom embed wrappers for Videos.
- Fixed language for Vimeo Playback Control setting.
- Fixed issue causing some settings to not save properly.
- Fixed syntax error when checking for async loading of the Vimeo player SDK.
- Fixed issue causing the Vimeo player SDK to be excluded from release distributions.
- Fixed filter for get_player_theme_color which had the wrong provider.
- Fixed issue causing elapsed time (in hh:mm:ss) to be incorrectly reported on slim controls player.
- Fixed a compatibility issue with FitVids.js causing excess white space displayed around videos when using the library, WP plugin, or themes that utilize the library.
- Fixed an issue allowing recurring charges to continue processing after the order or customer had been deleted from the site.
- Fixed issue causing Membership Restriction settings from properly saving.
- Fixed issue that allowed instructors to see all quizzes on a site when the instructor had either no courses or only empty courses (courses with no lessons).
- Fixed “Last Seen” column displaying wrong date when the student last login date was saved as timestamp.
- Fixed an issue causing popover notifications to be skipped (never displayed) as a result of redirects.
LifterLMS Advanced Videos Version 1.0.0-beta.3
- Fix video end event for Wistia players.
- Add “autoplay” permission delegation for all players. Fixes Wistia autoplay videos muted when custom controls are not issue.
LifterLMS REST API Version 1.0.0-beta.7
- Fixed lesson siblings link that was using the parent course’s id instead of the parent section’s id.
- Fixed lesson parent link href, replacing ‘section’ with ‘sections’.
- Fixed lesson progression callback name when defining the filters to be removed while preparing the item for response.
- Fixed description of the post_id path parameter for student enrollments resources. Thanks @pondermatic.
- Fixed section parent course object retrieval method when building the resource links.
Grab Your Favorite Drink and Check Out these Podcasts
Episode 246: Create More Income, Impact, and Influence for Your Online Courses and Personal Brand with Professional Self-Made YouTuber Sean Cannel
Learn how to create more income, impact, and influence for your online courses and personal brand with professional self-made YouTuber Sean Cannell.
Episode 247: How to Coach with Tammy Gooler Loeb
In this LMScast Chris Badgett from LifterLMS dives into how to coach with Tammy Gooler Loeb.
Episode 248: How to Choose the Right Course to Build or Membership Site Topic to Focus on with Ryan Levesque
Learn how to choose the right course to build or membership site topic to focus on with Ryan Levesque.
Episode 249: How to Unlock Beautiful Conversion Optimized Checkout for WooCommerce with Clif Griffin
Learn how to unlock beautiful conversion optimized checkout for WooCommerce with Clif Griffin in this episode of LMScast.
Episode 250: Marisa Murgatroyd Teaches How to Build a Mission Focused Experience Product Instead of a Low Engagement Information Product
Marisa Murgatroyd teaches how to build a mission focused experience product instead of a low engagement information product in this episode of LMScast.
Have You Read our Blog Lately?
How to Increase Your WordPress LMS Website Email Deliverability
Unlimited Personalization Power Unlocked in Top WordPress LMS
The Best WordPress LMS Plugin for Elementor Just Got Even More Powerful
LifterLMS Stripe Add-On Releases SCA Compatibility in New Version
Other News You Can Use
LifterLMS launches Advanced Videos Add-on!
Hacktoberfest is back!
We just ran the biggest giveaway in LifterLMS history! A special thank you to the following partners for making it possible (contains affiliate links):
- Acuity Scheduling
- Beaver Builder
- Emerson Theme
- Neve Theme
- Simply Schedule Appointments
- Ventura Theme
- WP Forms
- WP Fusion
“LifterLMS is serving our client in Kenya very well — offering workforce development for underserved youth, changing the trajectory of their future and future generations!”
Here’s What We’d Like You To Do Next…
Tell us about all of your course successes! Submit a note and we could feature you in our next newsletter: https://lifterlms.com/general-contact/
See you next month!