LifterLMS Access Plans are new in LifterLMS 3.0.
Access plans allow you to define a limitless number of possibilities for students and members to gain access to your courses and memberships.
You can create both one-time and recurring access plans and you can create expirations as well.
You can also create special pricing for members of specific memberships.
You may create up to 6 access plans for each course and membership.
Access Plans have three visibility settings:
- Visibile (default)
- The access plan will be displayed on pricing tables normally
- The access plan will be displayed and highlighted with a border and a “FEATURED” flag above the item
- The access plan will not be visible on pricing tables but can be accessed via direct link.
- Hidden access plans are intended to allow you to create special pricing for targeted marketing efforts.
- If you plan to create hidden access plans you may find the Access Plan Button shortcode useful
Access Plan Visibility was added in LifterLMS 3.8.0
Want to see examples of access plans and pricing models you can use for your courses and memberships? Click here to see 10 examples.
LifterLMS will only display access plans that can be fully processed by an installed and activated payment gateway. If there are no gateways that can support the type of access plan it simply will not display on the front end.
This is to prevent students from proceeding to checkout only to find that they can’t purchase the plan.
- Any free access plan can be “processed” without a payment gateway
- Any one-time payment access plan can be processed by the Manual Gateway
- Any access plan (recurring or one-time) can be processed by LifterLMS Stripe
- Any one-time payment access plan can be processed by LifterLMS PayPal
- When reference transactions are enabled, any recurring access plan can be processed by LifterLMS PayPal