WordPress LMS hosting business opportunity on your mind? Focus on integrating LifterLMS into your web hosting business to increase sales, leads, and profit margins.
Table of contents
- Understanding the Landscape of WordPress eLearning Hosting
- The Business Case for Offering LifterLMS Hosting Packages
- Key Features of a Robust WordPress LMS Hosting Package
- Step-by-Step Integration of LifterLMS into Your WordPress LMS Hosting Business
- Marketing Your LifterLMS Hosting Solutions
- Best Practices for Supporting Your WordPress LMS Hosting Clients
- Case Study: Success Stories of WordPress LMS Hosting Integration Partnerships
- Your WordPress LMS Hosting Company’s Next Steps…
The eLearning industry continues to expand every year which increases demand for quality WordPress LMS-focused hosting solutions.
The global eLearning market size is expected to grow from $245.5 billion in 2022 to $278 billion in 2023, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of more than 13%. By 2027, the market is projected to reach $462.6 billion, growing at a CAGR of more than 13%.
WordPress continues to dominate the internet as the open-source operating system of publishing, ecommerce, and eLearning.
Learning management systems (LMSs) are everywhere. Common LMS usecases include:
- Corporate Training
- Educational Coursework
- Online Certification Programs
- Employee Onboarding
- Continuing Professional Development
- Customer Education
- Compliance Training
- Product Training
- Language Learning
- Membership Sites / Subscription-Based Learning
LifterLMS is known as the top choice when reviewing the best WordPress LMS plugins.
Whether you are a large existing global hosting company or looking to do a niche LMS Website as a Service (Waas) business, this guide will show you how to create a strong, revenue-generating WordPress Learning Management System hosting company that users will love.
Specifically, this guide equips hosting companies to capture the growing eLearning market through LifterLMS integration, detailing essential features and support strategies for a competitive edge in WordPress LMS hosting.
Understanding the Landscape of WordPress eLearning Hosting
Every WordPress online education website needs web hosting of some kind.
There are many types of hosting needed in the WordPress LMS space and many ways to differentiate your WordPress education focused hosting offering:
- Affordable shared WordPress LMS hosting
- Mid-tier managed WordPress LMS hosting with premium support and resources
- Websites as a Service (WaaS) that provide a scalable model for delivering online education hosting and turnkey website solutions to entrepreneurs, educators, and institutions.
The Business Case for Offering LifterLMS Hosting Packages
The #1 most popular question we get at LifterLMS beyond the scope of LifterLMS is “What hosting do you recommend?”
We created this short list of the best WordPress LMS hosting companies.
WordPress LMS hosting can offer high-profit margins and strong monthly recurring revenue (MRR) because:
- LMS hosting customers are “sticky” with higher than average lifetime value. Successful hosting customer deployments do not churn easily because the website is the business (not just a brochure marketing website).
- LMS hosting has high-profit margins because online learning “digital real estate” is high value. Think of it like how much premium physical real estate is used in the physical world for education. Premium online education platforms command premium pricing power.
WordPress LMS hosting revenue streams can include:
- Quality WordPress hosting infrastructure (at a minimum)
- Pre-installed LifterLMS free core plugin so you can offer premium easy onboarding
- Pre-installed LifterLMS add-ons for integrations, premium LMS features, and design
- Predone learning management system starter websites for the usecases mentioned above
- Other hosting add-ons relevant to elearning like video hosting, audio hosting, CRM, marketing automation, and more
Key Features of a Robust WordPress LMS Hosting Package
The key to designing a WordPress LMS hosting package is to put the elearning customer at the center of your WordPress LMS business; not just your hosting product.
What do eLearning platform owners want?
- Easy setup
- Affordable entry if they are a startup
- World-class support
- Confidence that the hosting company understands LifterLMS
- Service (Consider adding a service component to your package)
- Fast website (WordPress LMS hosting requires more resources as they are dynamic and complex)
- Usecase understanding
- Niche understanding
Customizing Hosting Environments for LifterLMS
WordPress LMS hosting packages need more resources (PHP workers, CPU, RAM) than the average content website because eLearning platforms powered by LifterLMS have:
- Users (sometimes larger user counts in the millions)
- Dynamic content
- Robust reporting queries
- Progress tracking
- Some dynamic content that should not be cached
Backups, security, and caching are critical for LMS sites to ensure data integrity, protect against cyber threats, and deliver fast, reliable user access to educational content.
Step-by-Step Integration of LifterLMS into Your WordPress LMS Hosting Business
Step 1) Start by preinstalling the free LifterLMS plugin in your entry LMS hosting offer
Step 2) Purchase a bundle license from LifterLMS so you can offer premium LifterLMS add-ons in your WordPress LMS hosting package. The LifterLMS Infinity Bundle package comes with 3 support contacts, so if you are not planning on offering support for LifterLMS-related questions from your clients, you can add more LifterLMS support contact seats here.
Step 3) Create starter templated websites for the LMS usecases and niches you want to focus on
Marketing Your LifterLMS Hosting Solutions
As we say in marketing, the riches are in the niches.
Now that you are focusing on the WordPress LMS hosting niche, focus on marketing your WordPress LMS focus as well as any online education usecases or sub-niches you choose to focus on (creators, continuing education, online universities, etc).
Create a dedicated landing page for LifterLMS that we can link to and promote… like this one from InstaWP.
LifterLMS is also here to support you with marketing in the following ways:
Here are some things we’re going to do at LifterLMS to help get the word out about your LifterLMS integrated WP LMS hosting:
- Listing on the LifterLMS store as an external third-party product that links out to your website
- Listing inside the LifterLMS software itself on the add-ons screen as a recommended host
- Listing on the LifterLMS Recommends page
- Opportunity to provide an exclusive coupon code for your product to LifterLMS customers, available inside their LifterLMS account dashboard
- Mention in our next monthly email newsletter
- Mention on the LifterLMS social media channels
Here are some additional marketing opportunities available if you’d like your WordPress LMS hosting to be promoted in this way:
- Be a guest on our podcast.
- Email us a guest post idea/topic for the LifterLMS blog that you would like to write so you get more exposure
- Let us know if you’d like us to set up a webinar training for the LifterLMS audience where you present a live presentation about your eLearning focused hosting
- Feel free to promote your product directly in the LifterLMS facebook group or Slack Group
Best Practices for Supporting Your WordPress LMS Hosting Clients
The best WordPress eLearning hosts have support staff who are familiar with LifterLMS and the challenges LMS platforms face. Provide exceptional service.
Top tips for excellent WordPress LMS hosting service:
- Train your team on LifterLMS through the documentation, developer resources, YouTube channel, and podcast
- Delight your customers, especially in the first 30 days when the learning curve is the greatest
- Engage directly with the LifterLMS team when you need help
- Continuously improve your WordPress online education focused hosting offer over time based on customer feedback
Case Study: Success Stories of WordPress LMS Hosting Integration Partnerships
Here’s a small selection of WordPress Learning Management System hosting companies innovating in the eLearning space:
- Convesio delighted a LifterLMS user with a concierge migration off of a lower-quality host the client was struggling with
- Wildcloud created robust LMS cloud hosting opportunities so anyone can create a WordPress LMS WaaS
- InstaWP built LifterLMS into its core offering to make testing, transferring, and hosting easier
- WP Tonic built a strong sustainable WordPress eLearning hosting business combining LifterLMS with other top tools for elearning
- WP Engine and Cloudways innovated with some LMS hosting offerings
Your WordPress LMS Hosting Company’s Next Steps…
Contact LifterLMS with any questions so we can support you in this partnership so you can create the WordPress LMS hosting offer the market is demanding.
The eLearning industry is a multi-hundred billion dollar industry. Leverage LifterLMS to enter the eLearning market effectively with your WordPress Learning Management System hosting.