LifterLMS is growing our team! We are hiring a Senior WordPress Developer to write new code, evolve existing codebases, and help us ship software that matters. This role is a balance of individual work within a highly collaborative team.
Role Compensation: $40,000.00 – $140,000.00 USD / Year Depending on Experience
It’s a big compensation range because senior web developer skills, abilities, and experience are on a wide range as well. The top end of the range includes an extensive computer science education history, a significant LifterLMS-relevant development track record (not necessarily in WordPress), strong communication skills, and demonstrated people management + leadership skills.
Senior LifterLMS WordPress Developer Job Description
We’re a company that helps subject matter experts, schools, companies, and WordPress professionals create high value online courses and training based membership websites. We’re a team united by our shared values of:
- Community focus
- Reducing friction
- Continuous improvement
- Learner results first
- Extreme ownership
- Clear communication
- Fulfill potential
LifterLMS is a small remote company with team members all over the world.
This role at LifterLMS will boost your career. From taking on new challenges to following the lead of incredible mentors, we promise you will grow, learn, and make a difference.
LifterLMS exists to lift up others through education.
As a LifterLMS developer, you will help build great software and make updates to existing products. If you’re driven, detailed-oriented and highly organized, you’ll absolutely love working with us. Our development team is well structured and we work hard to deliver amazing results, every time. We also like to have fun at work and celebrate achievements together.
If you’re someone who has excellent coding skills and a track record of getting stuff done, then you’re perfect for this role.
You’re good at:
- Building and maintaining plugins for WordPress
- Multi-tasking multiple projects at once
- Full-stack web development: Frontend, Backend, Database
- Self-motivating and self-directing yourself
- Writing clean functional code
- Learning a broad base of existing codebases and adapting to our style
- Solving engineering challenges while also thinking conceptually about the user’s perspective and business needs
- You get excited about online education
- You’re very adaptable
- You love collaborating with your fellow team members
- React proficiency
What you’ll do
As a Developer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Developing clean, documented, and functional code
- Building integrations between systems and APIs
- Designing and building solutions using the latest technology
- Working with the latest WordPress development frameworks
- Staying on the leading edge of the technology space and keeping up with the latest practices
- Working closely with our design and product teams to help bring beautiful, usable, and scalable features to life
What you’ll need
The following experience is relevant to us:
- A strong understanding of software development via years of experience building software systems while improving your skills.
- Excellent analytical skills in defining requirements to determine appropriate solution designs considering capabilities, limitations, and design trade-offs.
- Solid understanding of data structures, data modeling, and database schema.
Why join us
Working at LifterLMS can accelerate your career. You will work with world-class talent. We’re a team that loves what we do, and we all thrive on our ability to make an impact. There are many benefits that come with working with us, such as:
- Work with a great, diverse team in a relatively flat organization
- Freedom to be creative, make mistakes, improve, and lead
- Work from anywhere
- Flexible schedule with an unlimited time-off policy
- An open parental leave policy (including maternity, paternity, LGBTQ+, and adoption) of up to 4-weeks paid time off.
- Professional development and learning reimbursement budget so you can continue to improve your skills within your role.
- Work-equipment reimbursement benefits of up to $1,040 per year.
- Opportunity to contribute to a mission to democratize education in the digital classroom
- Opportunity to help LifterLMS lead by example as a model of how to do freemium in WordPress
“This is a mission-driven business and a team that ships. When you combine those two things, it’s like mixing peanut butter and chocolate – you end up with a recipe for excellence and a lasting impact that’s as sweet as it gets!”— Jason Coleman, LifterLMS Developer and CTO