To install LifterLMS PayPal on your WordPress site:
- Ensure you have LifterLMS installed, updated, and activated.
- Download the LifterLMS PayPay plugin .zip file from your account downloads page.
- Navigate to your WordPress admin panel and install and activate the plugin.
To ensure you can receive support and automatic updates:
- Enter your license key to register your site with the LifterLMS update servers.
To allow students to purchase courses with PayPal you’ll need to enter your PayPal API credentials and then enable the PayPal gateway.
- Navigate to LifterLMS -> Settings -> Checkout
- Locate the PayPal settings area under “Payment Gateways”
- At a minimum, enter your Live API Credentials. API credentials can be found by following PayPal’s instructions here.
- Check the box to Enable PayPal
- Click “Save Changes” at the bottom of the screen
This will save your API keys to your site’s WordPress database. If you’d prefer to use a more secure method, you may define your API credentials in your site’s wp-config.php file:
PayPal provides free sandbox accounts that allow you to test PayPal payments without having to use real money. To use the PayPal sandbox you’ll want to ensure you use sandbox credentials and check the “Enable PayPal Sandbox” checkbox in your LifterLMS PayPal settings.
You can learn how to create and use sandbox credentials in this tutorial.
By default, LifterLMS PayPal utilizes manual recurring payments which require a student to manually resubscribe when a payment is due.
To enable automatic recurring payments your PayPal account must have Reference Transactions enabled. You can follow a full tutorial on enabling reference transactions at https://lifterlms.com/docs/lifterlms-paypal-reference-transactions.