Welcome to your monthly LifterLMS News You Can Use, July edition: #018.
Read About Recent Technical Product Updates (We’ve been busy)!
LifterLMS Version 4.0.0
This is a major release. Many backwards incompatible changes have been made that may affect your site if you have custom code which rely on previously deprecated functions or methods. If you’re not sure about your custom code, test the upgrade in a staging site.
- Fixed an issue encountered during quiz grading.
- Add RTL language support for popover interfaces found throughout the course builder.
- Fixed issue encountered in MySQL 8.0 when using the bbPress integration.
LifterLMS REST API 1.0.0-beta.13
- Bugfix: Fixed error response messages on the instructors endpoint.
- Bugfix: Fixed student progress deletion endpoint issues preventing progress from being fully removed.
Action Scheduler Library
Switches from prospress/action-scheduler to woocommerce/action-scheduler. The repository has been moved but it’s the same library & upgrades to latest version (3.1.6).
While this is a semantically major upgrade of the library there are no backwards incompatible changes to the public API.
There have been several deprecated functions/classes. The LifterLMS core does not directly use any of these deprecated functions but 3rd parties might and should review the changelog of the library to see if they are affected by any deprecations.
Click here for full details
LifterLMS Advanced Videos Version 1.0.0-beta.10
- Fixed issue causing video progress to be lost when exiting the page while a video is playing.
- Fixed an error encountered when clicking the track bar using a mouse.
LifterLMS WooCommerce Version 2.1.0
- The LifterLMS Core minimum required version has been raised to version 3.26.3.
- Adds compatibility for LifterLMS Social Learning.
- Fixes a compatibility issue encountered when using the BuddyBoss theme.
- Removes usage of a LifterLMS core deprecated function.
LifterLMS Gravity Forms Version 2.1.1
- Bugfix: Verify nonce only if the engagement trigger is related to Gravity Forms.
LifterLMS Groups Version 1.0.0-beta.5
- Added an interface allowing group admins and leaders to view and delete pending member invitations.
- Added REST API endpoints for managing group invitations.
- Some translatable strings found in LifterLMS Groups and the LifterLMS Core will now use the core string to reduce duplicate translations.
- Added validation when attempting to create a new invitation to ensure new invitations can only be created if the group has open seats.
- Fixed transposition issue in the groups list column header on the admin panel.
- Fixed the group name displayed in the invitation notices.
- Set the default visibility setting of a new group to match the site’s global setting.
- The group description “placeholder” text is now a true placeholder instead of being stored as the default group description in the database.
Grab Your Favorite Drink and Check Out these Podcasts
Episode 276: How to Build the Best WordPress LMS Websites For Clients for Maximum Fun and Profit through Effective Visual Communication with Vito Peleg from WP FeedBack
Learn how to build the best WordPress LMS websites for clients for maximum fun and profit through effective visual communication with Vito Peleg from WP FeedBack in this episode of the LMScast podcast hosted by Chris Badgett from LifterLMS.
Episode 277: How Membership Site Owners Can Go Beyond the Simple Contact Form to Unlock Incredible Powers with Zack Katz of GravityView
In this LMScast episode, learn how membership site owners can go beyond the simple contact form to unlock incredible powers with Zack Katz of GravityView.
Episode 278: How to Deliver Group Coaching To Pull Your Product Out of Your Audience Instead of Pushing Product on Them with StartupBros Entrepreneur Will Mitchell
Learn how to deliver group coaching to pull your product out of your audience instead of pushing product on them with StartupBros entrepreneur Will Mitchell in this LMScast hosted by Chris Badgett of LifterLMS.
Expand Your Knowledge with the Latest LifterLMS Webinars
Launch a LifterLMS Website in Seconds on the WP Engine Platform!
WP Engine’s LifterLMS site template is the fastest way to build your online training platform and community. Launch your LifterLMS site in seconds on the world’s leading hosting platform for WordPress.
Start Your Journey to Education Company Success
InBizWorks is a new online business incubator community platform. It’s a place where people build and grow new education businesses.
How to Generate Leads and Build Your Reputation Through Earned Media Interviews
In this engaging and interactive webinar, a business journalist with 40 years of experience as a staff and freelance editor and reporter will explain how journalists think, what they want, and two ways you can come up with angles to be quoted in news stories.
From our Blog and Beyond: Other News You Can Use
Are you having to move from in-classroom teaching to virtual teaching? Learn 12 tips that will help you transition to teaching online!
Check out this interview with Chris Badgett.
3 critical building blocks for an online community
How to price your online course or training based membership website
Here’s What We’d Like You To Do Next…
Check out these LifterLMS Success stories…
Meet Ziv Raviv
Ziv made $277,000 last year in micro balloon artist niche (3,000 potential customers). He also pulled off a successful pivot for his members during covid.
WP Engine Partners with LifterLMS to Streamline the Course Building Process
When 2 companies with a customer-first policy unite, great things happen, and that’s exactly what creators will find with WP Engine’s LMS Site Template.
See you next month!
The LifterLMS Team