Integrate LifterLMS with an Experience API (Tin Can) service. Manage your LifterLMS competencies and activities, your H5P Content, as well as uploaded and linked Articulate, Captivate, iSpring or Lectora e-learning courses.
Designed for use with any xAPI compliant remote LRS service
LifterLMS xAPI ensures your website remains light and fast by not bogging down your LifterLMS database with xAPI learning records.
By moving the LRS database and service to an external platform, we’ve removed any custom hosting requirements so you can continue hosting LifterLMS in a standard hosting account.
Our recommended LRS services provide daily data backups as part of this exclusive LifterLMS xAPI fixed-cost service plan so you can rest knowing you will not be paying for data overages or need to monitor monthly data limits.
The ability to report to any LRS through xAPI (TinCan) from any of the following content types:
- LifterLMS courses, lessons, quizes and quiz questions
- Uploaded elearning courses built with authoring tools such as, but not limited to, Aticulate Storyline 360, Storyline 2, Studio 2, Studio 360, Captivate, Lectora, iSpring and any other product that produces an xAPI 1.0 or above outputted ZIP file
- Linked web pages, content or courses that reside anywhere online and allow you to use or resell them
- H5P content (rich interactive content) for tracking videos, video interactions, and any H5P content that send a completion status
- LifterLMS YouTube and Vimeo native Embed Video URLs (embedded in Lessons) as well as YouTube and Vimeo URLs added into the post content (via the “Add Media” button).
Control your LifterLMS lesson progression from your uploaded or linked e-learning, your LifterLMS embedded Vimeo or YouTube videos, your embedded H5P interactions, or any combination of these in the same lesson.
LifterLMS xAPI removes the Mark Complete button until the xAPI content, H5P content, or videos send a completed status. You control this feature from any single xAPI content item you choose, or control it at the lesson level.
- Create your own custom competencies and assign them to any course, lesson, quiz or question
- Assign your competencies to any xAPI content (including uploaded or linked content)
- Assign your competencies to ADL activity ID’s for each content type listed above
- Create your own reports in your LRS
- Visualize your reporting data in your LRS
- Export your reports from your LRS
- Turn on or off reporting for each LifterLMS course, lesson, quiz or question
LifterLMS xAPI works with…
There may be other LRS systems that LifterLMS xAPI works with as well, however, these are the LRS systems we have tested with.
Note: The preferred LRS for LifterLMS xAPI, and the one that it is natively developed for is the LearningLocker LRS (works with version 1 and version 2).